Creekside Eagle Blast
May 30, 2017
There are 7.5 school days remaining until Summer Break!!!
End of year items…
1. We still need End of Grade (EOG) Proctors… please visit the sign up HERE or see the volunteer information below and consider volunteering.
2. Please return any library books you may still have lying around to Ms. Winstead as soon as possible.
3. Box Tops will be collected through Friday, June 2nd. Please remember to clip and save them over the summer as well!!!
4. PLEASE be thinking about how you would like to be involved at Creekside next year. We would LOVE more parent involvement in our PTA and welcome any and all suggestions! We will be meeting over the summer to begin planning for the 2017-2018 school year… now is the time to get your suggestions in for consideration and budgeting! Email us at email@example.com
5. Our final General PTA Meeting of the year will be on Tuesday, June 6 from 5-6 in the Cafeteria. (more info below)
6. Order next year’s school supplies ONLINE!!! Order by 6/15 and your order ships directly to Creekside for FREE!!!! We’ve taken the guess work out of it… no shopping around for sales, no fighting the crowds at Target, no storing your purchases on your dining room table for weeks on end, no lugging a giant bag of supplies in with your student on the first day of school!!! Check out the flyer below for more information or click this link: https://www.write-stuff.com/storefront/school/creekside to get to our store.
This is not a fundraiser, simply a convenience we are offering to our Creekside parents.
Be sure to read this Blast all the way through… the format is the same but the information changes weekly.
Please feel free to pass this newsletter along to any Creekside Families you think might like to “be in the know” and encourage them to sign up using the following link: http://eepurl.com/cdKE-b
If your family has left Creekside Elementary and you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, please follow the unsubscribe link below.
Dates to Remember:
May 31-June 9 – End of Grade Testing for grades 3-5 (Proctors needed!)
June 6 – General PTA Meeting
June 8 – Step-up Day Grades K-4
June 8 – 5th Grade Graduation
June 9 – Last day of school!!! EARLY RELEASE
June 15 – Last day to order next year’s school supplies for FREE Creekside delivery. 🙂
June 9 – Last day of school!!! EARLY RELEASE
General PTA Meeting
Tuesday, June 6 from 5-6pm
We will be voting on next years PTA Officers and the new proposed PTA Membership Fee. We will be showcasing all the great work we’ve done this year as well as holding a Committee Fair with information on how to get involved.
The Kona Ice truck will be there providing a much-deserved, end of year sweet treat!! We hope to see you there!!!
EOG Proctors Needed!! – End-of-Grade Assessments (EOGs) are just around the corner and we need your help! According to the NC Testing Procedures, each testing room needs a proctor and a test administrator for test administration. In order to do this, we need 40+ volunteers on two of the three testing days. Testing will occur between 7:30am and 11:30am. If you can assist, sign up at http://signup.com/go/JLy2xc
Wednesday, May 31… 38+ Proctors Needed
Thursday, June 1… 50+ Proctors Needed
Friday, June 2… 14+ Proctors Needed
*Note – all proctors must be trained to proctor EOGs prior to test administration.
Book Swap for Summer Reading – Gently used books or magazines (appropriate for elementary school age students – please, no board books) can be dropped off with Mrs. Winstead in the Media Center. There is a special need for Spanish titles, non-fiction, and popular series but anything is appreciated!! Donations are needed by May 26. Thank you!!
If 27 more families apply for this FREE energy kit, our school will receive a $250 reward!!!
The Conservation Caper and Energy Agents, in-school programs from Duke Energy, have a goal to save 10 million kilowatt-hours of energy during the 2016-17 school year. To reach this goal, families at participating schools can request a FREE Energy Kit to save energy in their homes. Every unique request for the FREE Energy Kit helps your school win cash rewards ranging from $250-$2,500, and gives each family a chance to win $1,000.
Creekside Families and Staff can request FREE Energy Kits and credit for Creekside Elementary through the “My Energy Kit Challenge” by going online to www.MyEnergyKit.org or by calling the hotline at (855) 386 – 9548
Please visit the Creekside Online Spirit Wear
Stock up and show your Creekside Pride!
Crayola Color Cycle Program at Creekside Continues – We are excited to report that we are going to continue the marker recycling program started last year in conjunction with Crayola. It’s called CrayolaColorCycle – an amazing program devised to turn used markers into energy! Last year Creekside recycled 2,148 markers. Let’s see if we can beat that number this year!!
All around Creekside Elementary students and teachers will be collecting used markers (all brands of plastic markers, not just Crayola markers, that includes dry erase markers and highlighters), that are ready to be discarded. The markers will then be sent to a facility where they will be converted into clean fuel. This fuel can be used to power vehicles, heat homes, cook meals and more!
Please help support our efforts by sending your kids in with any used markers you may have around the house. Drop-off boxes will be located in each classroom for your child to deposit the markers. These boxes will remain in the classrooms throughout the year for continued marker recycling.
Thank you in advance for participating! With the help of parents like you across the country, the Crayola ColorCycle program can keep tons of plastic out of landfills each year.
Joining is easy… click here: bit.ly/JoinCESPTA
$10 each ($5 for staff)
Please continue to support the businesses that support our school!
Erica Libertore at firstname.lastname@example.org ***
Link your Harris Teeter VIC card to Creekside #5611.
Link your Kroger card to Creekside by asking at the Customer Service desk. We earn points for every dollar spent at Kroger toward purchases for our school.
Clip BOX TOPS and Labels for Education. Students may bring in Box Tops and labels every Friday to the Box Top store at the front of the school to trade them in for cool prizes.
Amazon Smile Account https://smile.amazon.com/ch/84-1644408