The Two Roles of Parents:
Child’s First Educator and School Partner
Parents share responsibility for their children’s education. Involved parents are those who:
• Send to school a child who is ready and eager to learn, self-disciplined
and prepared to accept the authority of school staff. Parents make sure
the child understands and follows school rules.
• Supervise homework assignments as needed.
• Seek the advice of teachers to understand their children’s growth
and learning. Share information that will help school staff plan for their
• Learn about school programs, curriculum, regulations and procedures, and actively support them.
• Show commitment to education by attending parent-teacher conferences, open houses, PTA meetings, student concerts, and other school programs whenever possible.
• Understand the work for the passage of school funding initiatives.
• Understand the need for professional development programs for teachers. Attend programs to learn about current issues and trends in education, when possible, to open the way for informed discussion, mutual respect and teamwork.
The Creekside PTA has partnered with Dominoes (the Woodcroft location only) to help “raise dough” for our school. The first Wednesday night of every month will be Creekside night at Dominoes.
First, every month we will send home “order forms” which must be filled out in order for Creekside and your child’s classroom to get the credit for participation. Then, simply place an order with the Woodcroft Dominoes and when you pick up your pizza or have it delivered, be sure to hand in the order form. Creekside will earn 12% of all proceeds every month AND every nine weeks one class from each grade level with the highest sales for the 9 week period will win a free pizza party!
What a great and easy way to take a break from cooking AND support Creekside!
If you joined us at the Spring Carnival you may have witnessed this rare site! If you missed it just check out the Spring Carnival pictures and you will see the proof. A BIG thank you to the Carnival Committee led by Shay Charles and Christy Esterling for the best carnival in Creekside history.
The PTA invites you and your family to a night of family fun ~ bring your pillow, blankets and lawn chairs and enjoy a night out at the movies!
FRIDAY, October 16th
CONCESSIONS FOR SALE
Pizza by the Slice